The Giro 2013 is over and I should have put my money on Vincenzo Nibali. Unfortunately I haven’t although I predicted his victory here. It wasn’t as exciting as in 2012 with a close match until the end but this years edition was a race that has been cursed by the weather gods. Heavy snowfall, lots of rain, cancelled stages and fallen heroes: Wiggins DNF, Hesjedal DNF - so it was all in for Nibali. The Sicilian presented himself in perfect shape for probably the toughest grand tour this season and pedaled to victory after a third place in 2010 and a second place in 2011.
Now it’s all eyes on Critérium du Dauphiné starting this Sunday, June 2, to witness who’s going to be in favorite shape for the next grand tour the Tour de France.
- eurosport-official likes this
- mayako70 reblogged this from bicyclesarethebest
- bicyclesarethebest reblogged this from apisonadora60
- isay likes this
- apisonadora60 reblogged this from freedomblvd
- apisonadora60 likes this
- lickystickypickyshe likes this
- fashionitalia reblogged this from freedomblvd
- cyclist-in-the-fog likes this
- lapassioneblog likes this
- masuoka likes this
- freedomblvd posted this